Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YTMA - YouTube Music Awards, one of it goes to GG, K-pop group

3 posters

Go down

YTMA - YouTube Music Awards, one of it goes to GG, K-pop group Empty YTMA - YouTube Music Awards, one of it goes to GG, K-pop group

Post by Splodey Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Following link contains some racist comments: AND THE WORLD IS EXASPERATED THEY WON.

Well, tbh, I don't really know much about K-pop, and I don't even like it very much. However, I'd never just take Western (American) artists as the only artists who are talented. 

And also, you really aren't living in the current generation if you don't even know about the K-wave?! O: Even if you've never heard of them, search them up and you'll probably think "Ah, K-pop". Really odd, very very odd.

I don't know about how you feel. I did feel it was weird they won because I saw a picture of the votes and it was like over 3 million votes, while artists like Gaga (and was it Bieber??) only had like 300,000+ votes or something. I thought it'd be odd because Little Monsters and Beliebers would be voting like insane, so yeah... Wonder what happened there. xD

This does count as world news too. Hahaha. \o/
Splodey
Splodey
Translator/Crosschecker
Translator/Crosschecker

http://xplodedtb.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

YTMA - YouTube Music Awards, one of it goes to GG, K-pop group Empty Re: YTMA - YouTube Music Awards, one of it goes to GG, K-pop group

Post by Lolli Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:11 pm

I wouldn't be so sure about the numbers being weird because sometimes I think all these self titled elite fandoms are so sure of their victory in everything only because the whole world knows about their favorite artists that they tend to get lazy when it comes to voting and showing dedication in these kind of battles.
The so called unknown asian fandoms on the other hand using every chance they get to vote like crazy so their fave artists win and get more attention worldwide. And since they are completely differently organized they get a lot more done and vote also more efficiently.

But that these people have no idea about asian artists in general just shows that the media for music worldwide is still too much focused on the US market. :/
Lolli
Lolli
New Perv
New Perv

Back to top Go down

YTMA - YouTube Music Awards, one of it goes to GG, K-pop group Empty Re: YTMA - YouTube Music Awards, one of it goes to GG, K-pop group

Post by Splodey Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Oh boy I don't think so? I sometimes just get bored and check some 'competition' related to fan voting and stuffs, and literally you get tweets and RTs and stuffs of some fans yelling "VOTE FOR GAGA REFRESH THE PAGE AND VOTE AAAAHH" and stuffs like that. That's why I was kind of surprised when they fell so far behind. And the difference is another 0 digit, which I think is seriously crazy.

BUT SNSD is also very important for K-pop now, and music in general. Do not understand what is up with these dumb comments about "oh wait Asians are a part of this?" as if like we never could stand up to them. :\

US moves everything, and unfortunately that's pretty true. Even things like the stock market. We're literally entrapped of Westernization. And "Westernization" really is more like "Americanization" than anything else. :\
Splodey
Splodey
Translator/Crosschecker
Translator/Crosschecker

http://xplodedtb.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishy Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:58 am

LOL those comments clearly don't know that world music doesn't mean America only. My god, SNSD is super big. If it was some lesser known kpop group, I'd be raising my eyebrows too but it's frikin' Girls Generation.

Though I wonder about the voting too.... 'cos surely Lady Gaga's fans and the Beliebers would be voting like crazy too?

............unless SNSD's fans are even crazier. O.O!!
Fishy
Fishy
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

http://fishyfishbowl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum